Knowledge Sharing). The NTP/DIKSHA is an initiative of the National Council for Teacher Education (NCTE). The terms
"you", "your" hereinafter refer to users registering, accessing and using DIKSHA.
Users of DIKSHA can either be Content Contributors who contribute content to be published on DIKSHA or consumers
of content available on DIKSHA.
- Content - is all digital learning material published on DIKSHA only by authenticated individuals or
organizations which are given the status of ‘content contributor’. This authentication may happen at central
level, state level or through approved organisations.
- Content Contributor - is a registered user who could be an individual or an organisation who has been
authorised to be Content Contributor on DIKSHA by the NCTE/NTP.
- DIKSHA means Digital Infrastructure for Knowledge Sharing and the website accessible online at https://diksha.gov.in
- Registered User - all content users and contributors who have signed up to DIKSHA.
Access And Use
- As a Registered User you represent and warrant that you are of legal age to form a binding contract. If
you’re agreeing to these Terms on behalf of an institution, organization or legal entity (for example, if you’re
an administrator agreeing to these Terms on behalf of your school, institution, organisation, government
department, non-profit entity), you represent and warrant that you are authorized to agree to these Terms on
that department, institution, organization or entity’s behalf and there Terms are binding on them.
- Users shall have access to DIKSHA for the purpose of learning, creating user profiles and managing their
profiles, sharing knowledge, experience, lessons, content and developing new content and other activities
related to learning and teaching.
- It is possible that your access and use of your content on DIKSHA may be disrupted due to technical or
operational difficulties and with no prior notice of downtime.
- All Content Contributors will make content available on DIKSHA under the Creative Commons Licence Framework
and specifically under CC-BY (4.0) or
CC-BY- SA(4.0) licenses, which
allow content to be replicated/edited (for translation into other languages, adding subtitles) or used in
commercial settings (such as tuition centers), as long as they are attributed to the original creator of
Obligations of the USER
- REGISTERED USER - You must be registered as Content Contributor on the DIKSHA to upload or create content on
- PURPOSE - Use of DIKSHA for any reason other than for the purpose of using and providing educational content
is prohibited. You will be responsible and liable for all activity in relation to the registered account.
- APPROPRIATENESS and ACCURACY - You must ensure that all content and material created by you and hosted by
the DIKSHA is appropriate and accurate for use as outlined by the following guidelines. Content identified as
inappropriate or inaccurate as per these guidelines will not be allowed on the platform and if published be
removed from DIKSHA.
- Inappropriate includes but is not limited to:
- Hate Speech - by words either written or spoken or by signs or by visible representation or otherwise
promotes or attempts to promote feelings of enmity, hatred or ill-will against persons of a:
- Sex, gender, or gender identity
- National origin
- Religious affiliation
- Sexual orientation, or
- Disabilities or diseases
- Sexually explicit content
- Explicit text/images/illustrations/sounds of sexual content
- Descriptions of sexual acts
- Sexual violence and exploitation
- Includes sexual exploitation of minors, and sexual assault.
- Photographs/ Illustrations/videos depicting incidents of sexual violence
- Nudity would mean displaying genitals, breasts or focusing in on fully exposed buttocks.
- May allow depiction of body parts if it isn’t gratuitously graphic and if it is educational,
documentary, scientific, or artistic - paintings, sculptures, and other art that depicts nude figures if
that content is posted for educational purposes. Providing context will help users determine the purpose
of the content/asset.
- Promoting, encouraging, supporting, praising, or condoning violent actions, activities and behaviour -
verbal, physical or emotional.
- Threatening or inciting others to commit acts of violence
- Expressing support or praise for groups, people that are involved in the violent or criminal behavior
- Discrimination and Bullying or encouraging such behaviour
- Targeting individuals with the intention of degrading or shaming them.
- Illustrations or Images altered to degrade individuals
- Photos or videos of physical or verbal bullying
- Sharing personal information or harassing people
- Repeatedly targeting other people with unwanted requests or messages.
- Harmful or dangerous content
- Content that intends to incite violence or encourage dangerous or illegal activities that have an
inherent risk of serious physical harm or death.
- Encourage dangerous or illegal activities for instance - performing stunts, high risk activities,
choking games, drug use, or other acts where serious injury or harm may result. A content that depicts
dangerous acts may be allowed if the primary purpose is educational, documentary, scientific, or artistic
(EDSA), and it isn’t gratuitously graphic.
- Other possibilities:
- involvement of children in violence as victims or perpetrators or as forced witnesses to violence, or
showing children as being subjected to any form of child abuse.
- abuse or ridicule of people with disabilities (physical or mental).
- cruelty to, or abuse of animals.
- depiction of violence, cruelty and horror, scenes of violence primarily.
- images/text/ illustrations have the effect of encouraging,justifying, glorifying, glamorising alcohol
drinking, drugs and substance abuse; consumption of tobacco or smoking.
- degrading or denigrating women in any manner.
- vulgarity, obscenity or depravity.
- dual meaning words as obviously cater to baser instincts.
- visuals or words contemptuous of racial, religious or other groups.
- visuals or words which promote superstition, communal, obscurantist, anti-scientific attitude.
- visuals or words involving defamation of an individual or a body of individuals.
- ACCURACY means and includes but is not limited to:
- License: Content published on the DIKSHA will be available in public domain under the specified Creative
Common Licenses. The content contributor must ensure correct attribution and compliance of license terms and
third party Intellectual property rights.
- Accuracy: Content present must be factually correct.
- Language: Language used in text, audio, video must be simple and easy to understand.
- Contextual: Content should be contextual and relevant to the needs of intended user.
Intellectual Property Rights - The DIKSHA is not responsible for the violations of any third
party rights including intellectual property rights of anyone. Any violations of copyright laws will be the
responsibility of the concerned content contributor. Any disputes will be settled by the respective parties.
DIKSHA bears no responsibility for this.
Right not to Publish and Removal of Content
- The administrators of NTP reserve the right to remove content from DIKSHA that has been flagged for
inappropriateness, inaccuracy or violations of any kind by the any member of the community of Users of DIKSHA.
- Screening committee instituted at the state and centre reserves the right to not publish or remove any
content which has been provided by the Creator from the public repository of DIKSHA The Creator also agrees that
the curation committee shall have the right to review, suggest changes, make recommendations to the content
created by creator.
- By using DIKSHA and providing your information on DIKSHA, you consent to the collection and use of the
information you disclose on the DIKSHA website by NTP/NCTE.
- Information Collected : When you use DIKSHA you may you may provide and/or we may access, capture or store
various sensitive personal information, personal information or general information or data with respect to your
activities or usage of the Website. We may install cookies or other similar data collection software in your
computer system for such purpose and you hereby consent to the same. Certain information or data which you will
- First Name and Last Name (used as a user name)
- Email/Phone Number
- Password(s) associated with the above user identification (email id)
- Correct and updated information: You represent to us that the information or data you provide to us on DIKSHA
from time to time is and shall be correct, current and updated and you have all the rights, permissions and
consents to provide such information or data to us. Your providing the information or data to us and our
consequent storage, collection, usage, transfer, access or processing of the same shall not be in violation of
any third party agreement, laws, charter documents, judgments, orders and decrees.
- Information for which we are not responsible: While using DIKSHA you may provide sensitive personal
information, or other general information about yourself or in connection with yourself to third parties or
generally post on DIKSHA. DIKSHA may have webpages, cookies, files, software, data or other information or
communication links that are originated, created or posted by third parties that can or have the capabilities of
collecting, storing or using your data / information. We are not responsible for such data or information
collected, stored or used by third parties even if such third parties use DIKSHA to collect, store or use such
data or information.
- Protection of your information - We use reasonable security measures as mandated under Information Technology
Act, 2000 as amended and read with Information Technology (Reasonable Security Practices and Procedures and
Sensitive Personal Data or Information) Rules, 2011, to safeguard and protect your data and information.
Although we strive to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data while it is
being transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we
have reasonable procedures and security features in place to reasonably endeavor to prevent unauthorized access.
- Use of your information:
- One of the key purposes for us to collect your personal and general information or data is to provide you
with a safe, efficient, smooth and customized experience.
- We use your information to facilitate and provide various services on DIKSHA. We may need to use your
information or data to resolve disputes; troubleshoot problems; help promote safe and efficient usage of
DIKSHA; measure interest in the services provided by us; inform you as required; customize your experience;
other agreements between us; and as otherwise described to you at the time of collection. At times, we may
look across multiple users to identify problems or resolve disputes, and in particular we may examine your
information or data to identify users using multiple User IDs or aliases. We may compare and review your
information or data for errors, omissions and for accuracy.
- You agree that we may use your information or data , to analyze site usage, improve the site's content and
offerings, and customize the site's content, layout, and services. These uses improve the site and better
tailor it to meet your needs, so as to provide you with a smooth, efficient, safe and customized experience
while using the site.
- You agree that we may use your personal information to contact you and deliver information to you with
respect to administrative notices, and communications relevant to your use of the DIKSHA. By accepting Privacy
Policy, you expressly agree to receive this information.
- We may use third parties that we refer to as internal service providers to facilitate or outsource one or
more aspects of service operations that we provide to you on DIKSHA (e.g., search technology, discussion
boards, technical service providers, affiliate) and therefore we may provide some of your information or data
directly to these internal service providers. These internal service providers' are subject to confidentiality
and other legal restrictions that prohibit their use of the information we provide them for any other purpose
except to facilitate the specific website related operations. In some instances, the internal service provider
may collect information directly from you (such as for website surveys or for co-branded services). In these
cases, you will be notified of the involvement of the internal service provider, and all additional
information you provide them and their additional uses will be strictly up to you. If you provide additional
information to an internal service provider directly, then their use of your personal information is governed
- You understand, agree and acknowledge that our collection, storage and processing of your information or
data for a lawful purpose connected with a function or activity of DIKSHA.. You further understand, agree and
acknowledge that your information or data which is classified as sensitive personal information as per
applicable laws is considered necessary for us to provide various services on DIKSHA to you and for your usage
of DIKSHA and other services provided by us in relation to DIKSHA.
- Store your information or data: Your information or data will primarily be stored in electronic form
however certain data can also be stored in physical form. We may enter into agreement with third parties to
store your information or data. These third parties will have their own security standards to safeguard your
information or data and we will on reasonable basis require from such third parties to adopt reasonable
security standards to safeguard your information / data.
- Compliance with laws and law enforcement: We cooperate with government and law enforcement agencies or to
any third parties by an order under law for the time being in force to enforce and comply with the law. We
will disclose any information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we,
in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate to respond to claims and legal process, to protect
the property and rights of website or a third party, to protect the safety of the public or any person, or to
prevent or stop any illegal, unethical or legally actionable activity. We may also provide your information or
data to various tax authorities upon any demand or request from them. You acknowledge that DIKSHA can be
accessed from anywhere in the World and website will have users from all over the World and therefore
government, judiciary or law enforcement authorities in various parts of the world may have or assume
jurisdiction over us or the Website and we may be subject to the laws, rule, regulations and judgments of
various countries, states, municipalities or province where we may not have a direct presence to store,
process, collect, use or keep your information or data. You acknowledge that governmental or law enforcement
authorities in the countries where your data or information is stored may have right to decrypt, collect,
monitor or access to your data or information which actions are completely out of our control. We don’t take
any responsibilities for such actions.
- Communication policies - We may use your information or data for various communications to you. You have
full control regarding which of these communications you want to receive. If you decide at any time that you
no longer wish to receive such communications from us, please follow the unsubscribe instructions provided in
any of the communications. Please note that once we receive your request, it may take an additional period of
time for your opt-out to become effective.
- Deleting your information: If you wish to have the information or data that you have provided to us
deleted, you can always do so by sending a request to us on the e-mail id of our services department provided
at the bottom of this page. You may note that deletion of certain information or data may lead to cancellation
of your registration with DIKSHA and your access to certain features of DIKSHA. You also agree and acknowledge
that certain data or information cannot be deleted or prohibited to be deleted as required under any
applicable law, law enforcement requests or under any judicial proceedings.
page periodically to review any changes.
- When you use DIKSHA as a registered user, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your
User ID and Password. You are responsible for all activities that occur under your User ID and Password. You
agree, inter alia, to provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted by
DIKSHA registration form or provided by you as a Visitor or user of a third party site through which you
access DIKSHA. If you provide any information that is untrue, inappropriate, inaccurate, not current or
incomplete or there are reasonable grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate,
DIKSHA have the right to indefinitely suspend or terminate or block access of your membership of DIKSHA and
refuse to provide you with access to DIKSHA.
- Your DIKSHA registered account may not be transferred to anyone else without our prior written
- As a Content Contributor If you collect any personal information or sensitive personal data of users through
DIKSHA, you must ensure that such collection, storage, transfer and disclosure is in accordance with Indian law
currently in force, including but not limited to the Information Technology (Reasonable Security Practices and
Procedures) Rules, 2011. Any information collected by you will not be reviewed, screened or monitored by the
NCTE/MHRD and under no circumstances shall NCTE/MHRD be liable for any information collected or processed by
- NCTE and MHRD are not responsible for any data or information that is collected by you for the purpose of use
of your interactive content, including compilation for assessing progress and trends among users.We do not
guarantee accuracy of any of the content made available on the DIKSHA. You are responsible for all activities
and transmissions through the registered DIKSHA Account. You are solely responsible for maintaining the security
and confidentiality of the username and password required to access DIKSHA. You must immediately notify the
NCTE/MHRD of any unauthorised use of your username or password or any other breach of security. The NCTE/MHRD
will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with this provision. The NCTE/MHRD
shall not be held responsible for any offensive or unlawful content posted, transmitted, sent or communicated
through DIKSHA. You are responsible for all content posted, uploaded, transmitted, sent and received by you.
- In no event will the MHRD/ NCTE/ NTP be liable for any expense, loss or damage including, without limitation,
indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any expense, loss or damage whatsoever arising from use, or loss of
use, of data, arising out of or in connection with the use of DIKSHA.
Termination - Any violation or breach of the Terms may lead to automatic suspension or
termination of your account or access to the DIKSHA, for any reason whatsoever, including while investigating
complaints or alleged violation of these Terms, or for use or attempt to use DIKSHA for any purpose other than to
provide educational and learning content for teachers.
Governing Law and Dispute Resolution - These terms and conditions shall be governed by and
construed in accordance with the Indian Law. Any dispute arising under these terms and conditions shall be
subjected to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of India.
Disclaimer - NCTE/MHRD PROVIDES THE DIKSHA ON AN "AS IS" BASIS AND GRANTS NO WARRANTIES OF ANY
KIND WITH RESPECT TO THE DIKSHA. THE FOUNDATION SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF FITNESS FOR A
PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. ACCESS AND USE OF DIKSHA (INCLUDING ANY CONTENT OR INFORMATION AVAILABLE
ON THE DIKSHA) IS ENTIRELY AT YOUR OWN RISK. ALL CONTENT ON THE DIKSHA MADE AVAILABLE BY NCTE/MHRD ARE FOR USE BY
TEACHERS FOR EDUCATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY. THOUGH ALL EFFORTS HAVE BEEN MADE TO ENSURE THE ACCURACY AND CURRENCY OF
THE CONTENT ON THIS PLATFORM, THE SAME SHOULD NOT BE CONSTRUED AS A STATEMENT OF LAW OR USED FOR ANY LEGAL
PURPOSES. IN NO EVENT WILL THE GOVERNMENT OF INDIA OR NCTE BE LIABLE FOR ANY EXPENSE, LOSS OR DAMAGE INCLUDING,
WITHOUT LIMITATION, INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL LOSS OR DAMAGE, OR ANY EXPENSE, LOSS OR DAMAGE WHATSOEVER ARISING
FROM USE, OR LOSS OF USE, OF DATA, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OF THIS PLATFORM. LINKS TO OTHER
WEBSITES THAT HAVE BEEN INCLUDED ON THIS PLATFORM ARE PROVIDED FOR PUBLIC CONVENIENCE ONLY.