Any registered user can take up open courses on DIKSHA. The guidelines of taking a course vary from course to course and are upto the discretion of the course creator. When a course mentor enrolls a user for a course, the user is notified of the same through an email.
|1. You are logged in
2. You have clicked on the Courses tab
|1. Click Select Language drop-down icon to change the display language. The portal is available in two languages:
On DIKSHA you can search for courses using the Search bar, QR codes, or Explore Content options
|Using Search Bar
1. Enter keywords in the search bar
2. Click Enter or click the Search icon to search courses
|Using QR Codes
1. Click Enter QR Code
2. Enter the QR Code key
3. Click Submit. Course tagged to the given DIAL code is displayed
|Using Explore Content option
1.Select the following from their respective drop-down menus:
2. Click Submit. The search results are displayed
3. Click Reset to reset the filters
|1. The selected course opens in the Courses tab
2. View details about the course such as content, structure, your progress and more
3. Click Resume to start the course for the first time or continue from where you had left the previous time
4. Click (+) icon, on the right pane, to add notes. You can maintain separate notes for each course that you take
5. The progress of your course is displayed on the right side
Note: Course materials can be in different content types, for example, pdf, video. In such cases:
a) Click Adobe PDF icon, to read printable course material
b) Click Play icon to view a video of the course material
|If a user accesses a course after the course batch has expired, an alert message appears "This course has ended and your progress in locked. However, you may continue using the remaining content”. .
It indicates the user can take the course, but the course progress will not be updated for the expired course.
Note: Course progress bar is greyed out in the Courses Card and Course TOC page
Anonymous users can view the courses on the portal, but they have to sign in to take a course.
When an anonymous user clicks on a course, a pop-up window is displayed with a message "Sign in to enroll in this course"
|Select the course you want to enroll from the Open for Enrollment section
1. Click Enroll to enroll for the course
|1. Click Enroll to Course
2. Click X icon to go back to the previous screen. For details on unenrolling for a course refer Unenrolling from a Course
On clicking on the course material links, the course content is displayed in the inbuilt content player.
|1. Click Menu to view the player options available
2. Click left scroll icon to go to previous page or slide of study material
3. Click right scroll icon to go to the next page or slide of study material
4. Click Previous, to view study material preceding the current material in the course material list
5. Click Next to view study material immediately subsequent to current material from the course material list
6. Click Take Note to take note of the current course material
7. Click Resume Course to continue from where you stopped earlier
8. Click X icon to exit the page.
|On exiting the course the course status page appears, on this screen, you can:
1. Click Resume Course to revisit the section of the course you last visited.
2. View the Batch Details
3. Click Unenroll to unregister yourself from the course, refer Unenrolling from a Course
4. Click (+) icon, on the right pane, to add notes to your notebook. You can maintain separate notes for each course that you take
5. Click View credits to view list of Creators, Contributors, and Attributions for the course
Click the course player menu for the content player options. The name of the course is displayed in the header
|1. Replay: To replay the study material
2. Sound on: To turn on or off sound for audio or video study material
3. Teacher’s Note: To view teacher’s notes for the current course material
4. Home: To navigate to the Homepage
|Click Take a Note option to take notes
1. Enter an appropriate Title for your note, such that you can easily identify and retrieve the note
2. Enter Details of the note
3. The toolbar comprises of various text formatting options
4. Click Clear, to delete and rewrite your notes. On clicking clear, the title also will be cleared
5. Click Save to save the changes